Friday, July 15, 2016

Q and A with an author: "Mighty Mitten" style

 I asked Author and Michigan Native Jamie Sexton-Grandison a few questions. The following are her answers. 

Q) Do you use any of your own experience as inspiration?

A. Yes. A lot of what I write about comes from something that I experienced. I may twist it a little but mostly is my own experience.

Q) On average, how long does the writing process take?

A. My books aren’t very long so maybe a month or two.

Q) When did you realize you wanted a career in writing? 

A. I actually never realized I wanted to be until a friend asked me to co-write with her. Then our project was put on hold. I sat down and I began writing my own.

Q) If you weren't an author, what other career paths would you have taken? 

A. I love making graphics, teasers, banners and things.

Q) What advice would you give to someone looking to be a writer?

A. The same advice I got write what you know. Never give up.

Q) How long after you finish a book do you start another one? 

A. I wait a few weeks then begin a new book. Time to clear my mind.

Just for fun: What are your Michigan favorites? (restaurants, vacation spots, teams, celebrities )

A. My favorite vacation spot is Harbor Springs, Michigan it’s so peaceful nothing like the city life.
B. Even though they haven’t won Detroit Lions is my team.
C. My favorite Celebrity from Michigan is Eminem.
D. Restaurant: Trini and Carmen’s Mexican restaurant

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions Ms. Sexton_Grandison



.

No comments:

Post a Comment