Saturday, May 20, 2017

Solo Artist Exhibition: Dreamscapes

Every artist wants and hopes the pieces that they create are unique. I may be a bit bias, but I believe that the work of this particular artist is unique. She uses material that I never saw any other artist use.



Cathy Jacobs's solo art exhibition included this piece entiled "Eugenie Loops" was on display.
I first noticed the hollowed out circles. When I saw the title, I had planned on asking Cathy if the piece and any relation to our grandmother. Before I had the chance, however, I looked  back and saw images of Grandma in the piece. I love Cathy's style, but because the images of the woman was the reason this was my favorite piece in this exhibition.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really cool. It's so nice to have a loved one immortalized in an art piece. :)

    ReplyDelete