Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sunday Post #15: Coffee - Opposite Affect?

I buy a large iced coffee in the morning. The whole day I am slacking and tired. When I don't drink any coffee I am fine the whole day. Could coffee have an opposite affect on some people? Is it just me? What are your thoughts?

I have been slacking in the book world as well. I don't have many posts this past week. I am aslo behind in my reading. How is your reading?



Post Rewind
📌17th = Book Blast: Heart Stopping
📌26th = First Look: Catch Him If You Can
📌27th = Book Blast: Aeries Red Sky



Moolt Cartoon of the Week
No cartoon this week



"Heads Up" - Posts for the New Week
🔼July 31st = [triple post day] The Highlander's Stolen Bride ... Release Week Celebration: The Duke I Tempted ... Blast: Craven House Collection


New to blog ... Sort Of
✏following: Greg's Book Haven
✏Follow this blog by e-mail

Goodreads Shelves
📚Rain Dance
📚Smoke Signals
📚Rites of Passage
    ✔all three added to "want to read" shelf
    ✔all three from Catherine Gayle's Tulsa Thunderbirds Series


Currently Reading
📖Royal Regard (by: Mari Christie) = page 67
📖The Duke of Desire (by: Darcy Burke) = page 100
📖Cross Drop (by: Elizabeth Hartey) = 7%

Dear Fellow Bloggers, 
Please don't feel as though you have to comment about the initial topic of my blog's Sunday Post. If you would like, you may comment on my Goodreads Shelves, current reads or any past/future blog posts. If nothing else, you can just say "hello".

Sincerely,
Siran

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer

9 comments:

  1. I love the smell of coffee but I'm not a huge coffee drinker? Although if I'm really dragging I will sometimes indulge. :)

    Hope you have a great week ahead! And thanks for following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caffeine supposedly makes people with ADHD tired rather than stimulated, if that's helpful. I find caffeine relaxing, can drink in the middle of the night with no impact (though I try to avoid that now that I'm adulting).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely something I have to look into.

      Delete
  3. You are not alone in the book slump. I'm currently feeling a bit low on the reading front this week, and after reading a few of the Sunday post we are definitely not alone.

    I'm sure next week or the week after will get better.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get every sort of affect from drinking coffee. sometimes I drink a coffee after a mt Dew and when I do that I usually get depressed. It's all about the chemicals in the brain and drinking absolutely great coffee vs absolute worse. Love the Uk btw. #sundaypost

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of us have dealt with a reading slump this summer. I chalk it up to needing a break, so I take it. Now, it's 'ketchup' time. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee actually doesn't do anything for me. I can drink it at night and still sleep. But I still love it and crave it.

    I got over my book slump recently. The cure? Read a book from your TBR pile. I've reduced advanced copies of books and I'm a happier reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice.
      I was happy that I have made progress with shortening my tbr list. I just end up adding more to it.

      Delete
  7. Coffee makes me hyper twitchy and energized for about an hour and then I crash with the worst headache... Thus I avoid it. That said, tea works wonders. :)

    ReplyDelete