Wednesday, April 1, 2020

WWBC #7: Favorite Book Series and Why



Hello all! I hope this post finds you well.

My favorite regency romance series is the Untouchables by Darcy Burke. While the main male characters are given a nickname starting with "Duke of", they don't all have the title of "duke". The author makes each "Untouchable" seem as if he was actually a real person at one point.

My favorite contemporary romance series is The Portland Storm by Catherine Gayle. The series follow the lives of members (mostly players) of the (fictional) NHL team - The Portland Storm. I am a huge hockey fan, so any series involving the sport is worth a shot (pun intended). However, this particular series has the perfect mix of romance and hockey action. The author make me wish that the Storm was an actual team. My reviews for this series can be found under the labels "hockey" and "portland storm", if you wish to read them. I am such a fan of this series that I got a team shirt.


See you all next time!




** This is a weekly blogging challenge hosted by Long and Short Reviews.

** I found that site through Goddess Fish .


10 comments:

  1. It's always nice to find books that include subplots about things you really love. :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-favourite-book-series-and-why/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like interesting series. This is a bad year for sports fans. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/03/wednesday-challenge-040120.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of either series, but I'm going to have to look up the Portland Storm series now. Love me some hockey!

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound like interesting series. My choices are here: https://jhthomas.blogspot.com/2020/04/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hockey romance. I've never read one. I'll have to try these. Thanks! Here's my post: https://wendizwaduk.wordpress.com/2020/04/01/favorite-book-series-with-meganslayer-books-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like an intriguing series. Seems so odd with no sports right now. Thanks for sharing, here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-4-1-20-favorite-books-series-why/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a t-shirt for a team that doesn't exist. I have a shirt for a band that doesn't exist, so it's not just you!

    My post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read some great baseball romance, but never hockey. I know it's quite popular right now and I believe you've given me a jumping off point. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I sub in a high school that I set one of my books in, so I'm always scanning the faces in the hallways, thinking to myself, "Hey, he looks like..." LOL! Since I write romance not suitable for teens to be reading, I don't tell anyone why I'm smiling so much as I walk down the hall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love a good historical so I'll definitely look up the Darcy Burke series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete