Wednesday, April 22, 2020

WWBC #8: My Silliest Pet Peeves


I hope this week's WWBC post finds you safe.

I actually have two pet peeves.

I used to work in a couple sandwich shops. One topping was banana peppers. Customers often call banana peppers "peppercinis", saying that the two were the same. The two peppers actually are not the same.

Banana peppers are yellow.
Peppercinis are light (at least) green. They are slightly spicier than Banana peppers

My second pet peeve is the one that actually makes me cringe. I can't stand it when people pronounce Italian as "Eye-talian". The reason why is simple. The name of the country is not "Eye-taly".

There you have my pet peeves. See you all next week.

** This is a weekly blogging challenge hosted by http://www.longandshortreviews.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge/.

I found that site through https://www.goddessfish.com/ .

10 comments:

  1. Your pet peeves make total sense!

    My post: http://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-my-silliest-pet-peeve/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I had no idea there was a difference between banana peppers and peppercinis, but then I've never eaten either, so there we go. Thanks for letting me know the difference. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. Thanks for sharing. Seems several people hate mispronunciations. Interesting. Here's mine, https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-4-22-20-silliest-pet-peeves/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fight around here is the spelling of green and red is chile, but people still insist it should be chili. Chili is brown goop. I love banana peppers, especially on a subway sandwich. Not familiar with Peppercinis. http://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/04/wednesday-challenge-042220.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! I totally understand those pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed on both of these! The Eye-talian annoys me a lot, and I'm not even Italian!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Especially when people mispronounce something on purpose because they think it's cute and funny. It's not. It's just annoying. :) Great post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like peppers of all kinds, hot and otherwise. But yes, there is a difference, and if you don't ask for the correct one, you have only yourself to blame. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of peppercinis. And the Eye-talian annoys me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you learn something every day! Thanks for that about peppers. Banana chillies are readily available at my local (Australian) fruit and veg shop but I've never heard of peppercinis. Very with you on the Eye-talian too

    ReplyDelete